Cornerstone Services, Inc. provides progressive, comprehensive services for people with disabilities, promoting choice, dignity and the opportunity to live and work in the community.
Guiding Principles and Values:
To guide the agency toward the fulfillment of this mission, Cornerstone Services values...
Individual Choice, as evidenced by the belief that:
• individuals are treated with dignity and respect.
• individuals are offered a variety of choices as well as the supports necessary to make informed decisions.
• service plans developed with (not for) individuals lead to greater independence.
• service planning should always be driven by the individual served and his/her supporters.
Community Inclusion, as evidenced by the belief that:
• services are best when offered in typical community settings.
• services contribute to the ability of individuals to live and work as typical residents of the community.
An advocacy role for staff and volunteers, as evidenced by a commitment to:
• learn and practice skills necessary to act as advocates and teach individuals to advocate for themselves.
• a "team approach" for delivery of services.
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Human Resources Officer
Chief Operating Officer
Chief Development Officer
Chief Financial Officer
Board of Directors:
I'm a paragraph. Click here to add your own text and edit me. It's easy.
Vincent A. Benigni
Judith A. Block
John A. Kella
James B. Harvey
Paul H. Leber
John R. Rogers
Since 1969, Cornerstone Services has been an advocate for people with disabilities in Joliet and greater Will County area. The agency is a recognized leader in providing the support necessary for individuals with disabilities to live and work in the community. In recent years, Cornerstone has expanded services to Kankakee County, as well.
Cornerstone is guided by the belief that people with disabilities are entitled to live in their own communities and make choices for themselves, like everybody else. To this end, Cornerstone employees provide specialized services that empower individuals with as much independence as possible. Some individuals may need a lot of help, while others may need just a little.
The agency’s dedicated staff helps people find and keep jobs, maintain stable housing, and learn to access public transportation and community resources. Group and individual counseling and therapy for mental health needs are also provided by Cornerstone professionals. The organization is guided by an all-volunteer board of directors and has fostered partnerships with other local service providers.